Post an explanation for how you think the cost-benefit analysis in terms of legislators being reelected affected efforts to repeal/replace the ACA. Then, explain how analyses of the voters views may affect decisions by legislative leaders in recommending or positioning national policies (e.g., Congress’ decisions impacting Medicare or Medicaid). Remember, the number one job of a legislator is to be re-elected. Please check your discussion grading rubric to ensure your responses meet the criteria.
· Milstead, J. A., & Short, N. M. (2019). Health policy and politics: A nurse’s guide (6th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
o Chapter 3, “Government Response: Legislation” (pp. 37–56)
o Chapter 10, “Overview: The Economics and Finance of Health Care” (pp. 180–183 only)
· Congress.gov Links to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.congress.gov/
· Taylor, D., Olshansky, E., Fugate-Woods, N., Johnson-Mallard, V., Safriet, B. J., & Hagan, T. (2017). Corrigendum to position statement: Political interference in sexual and reproductive health research and health professional education. Nursing Outlook, 65(2), 346–350 Links to an external site..
· United States House of Representatives Links to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.house.gov/
· United States Senate Links to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.senate.gov/
· United States Senate. (n.d.). Senate organization chart for the 117th Congress Links to an external site.. https://www.senate.gov/reference/org_chart.htm
Rubrics for grading
Answers all parts of the discussion question(s) expectations with reflective critical analysis and synthesis of knowledge gained from the course readings for the module and current credible sources. … Supported by at least three current, credible sources. … Written clearly and concisely with no grammatical or spelling errors and fully adheres to current APA manual writing rules and style.